|We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour in the game. This club is supporting The FA’s Respect programme to ensure football can be enjoyed in a safe, positive environment. Remember children’s football is a time for them to develop their technical, physical, tactical and social skills. Winning isn’t everything. Play your part and observe The FA’s Respect Code of Conduct for spectators and parents/carers at all times. |
- Remember that children play for FUN
- Applaud effort and good play as well as success
- Always respect the match officials’ decisions
- Remain outside the field of play and within the Designated Spectators’ Area (where provided)
- Let the coach do their job and not confuse the players by telling them what to do
- Encourage the players to respect the opposition, referee and match officials
- Avoid criticising a player for making a mistake – mistakes are part of learning
- Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting, or abusive language or behaviour.
I understand that if I do not follow the Code, any/all of the following actions may be taken by my club, County FA, league or The FA:
I may be:
- Issued with a verbal warning from a club or league official
- Required to meet with the club, league or County FA Welfare Officer
- Required to meet with the club committee
- Obliged to undertake an FA education course
- Obliged to leave the match venue by the club
- Requested by the club not to attend future games
- Suspended or have my club membership removed
- Required to leave the club along with any dependents.
- The FA/County FA could impose a fine and/ or suspension on the club.